Friday, March 20, 2015

March 20th, 2015

I must apologize for my absence - have been in the hospital, but I'm back and ready to post.

By the way, while I was in the hospital I was given a lot of medical advice.  One of my doctors advised me to take a certain medication.  I ask why I should.  He told me that studies indicate that it can reduce my risk of dying by 18%.  I asked to be changed to a different doctor.  My risk of dying is 100%.  I might take a certain medication and live longer, but I will still eventually die.  The staff asked me why I wanted a new doctor. 

I told them "This one got by me."

"What do you mean."

"Well, why did you decide to become a doctor?"

"I wanted to save lives.  Why did you decide to become a Mathematician?"

"I wanted to save lives too!  In fact I may have saved more lives than you have."

"How do you save lives as a mathematician?"

"I help keep the idiots out of med school.  Most doctors know you can't reduce the risk of dying, but they can help prolong my life.  The doctor who has been treating me thinks that a medication can keep me from dying.  I guess he slipped past me."

David

No comments:

Post a Comment