Friday, September 4, 2015

Mr. B's Brain-O Quiz # 23

9/04/2015



Mr. B’s “BRAIN-O” Quiz
Guaranteed to unclog clogged up brains!
NAME:__________________ DATE:____________ PERIOD:_______
Directions: Carefully read and answer the following questions.  Print your answer clearly in the box next to each question.  Questions are worth one zillion nano bonus points each.  However, if you get all five correct, we will double the points for a total of ten zillion nano bonus points.
1.


When I used to get off the school bus, one-third of a mile from home, my dog would always be waiting for me.  As soon as I started walking, she would run home, and then run back and greet me again.  Then she’d run home again, and back to me and keep doing that until we were both at home.  If I walk at three miles per hour and she ran three times as fast, how far altogether did she run while I was walking?



2.


How can you divide twelve in half and get seven?



3.


Five three’s can be used to express 37:
33 + 3 + 3/3 = 37
Cam you find one other way to do it?



4.


A triangle has sides of 17, 42, and 59 inches. What is it’s area?



5.


My dog recently had puppies.  If you pick out any two of them at random, the probability that they are both male is exactly 50%.  How many male puppies are there?


Do not think of your faults; still less of others’ faults.  Look for what is good and strong and try to imitate it.  Your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes.

- John Ruskin


WARNING: For Educational Purposes Only.
Please do not attempt to answer any of these questions
unless you are willing to learn something.
Answers will be posted on Monday.


David

No comments:

Post a Comment