Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rumors and my NEW BLOG

9/29/2015

There is a rumor going around that mathematicians and math teachers are really pirates.  They think we all want to find "x" so we will know where the buried treasure is.  I am pretty sure this is not true.

HEY!  I HAVE A SECOND WEBSITE THAT I JUST STARTED!

SequenceNumbers.blogspot.com 

There is a number on the web that is very popular - 998,001.
Why?  Because the decimal expansion of 1/998001 counts from zero to 997 without making an error.

When I first saw this I thought it was a hoax.  But I did the math and it checks out - it's legit!

Then I thought to myself:"If there is one number that has this property there have got to be more!"

Well, I have found numbers that can multiply, do powers, calculate combinatorial functions, and even do the Fibonacci Sequence and other Fibonacci like sequences.  I even have Sequence numbers that can count way higher than 997.

Check out the site!  And be sure to start with the oldest posts which explain more about these numbers I call Sequence Numbers.

Thanks,

David

P.S.  I will keep this blog going too!  But I thought Sequence Numbers deserved its own blog.


(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment